Wednesday 1 April 2015

Bronte top

When Jennifer Lauren released the Bronte top pattern I loved the unusual 1940s shoulder detail. I also really like the name, I'm a big fan of the Bronte sisters so the name gives me a thrill. When Jennifer held a Black Friday sale, I decided to stop resisting and purchased it.  It's taken me 5 months to get round to sewing this up but I'm so glad that I have.



I sewed it up in a lovely soft grey jersey that I had in my stash. I have the impression that I bought this in Goldhawk Road when I was in my lady skater obsession phase (hmmm it's been a while since I made one of those). However I'm pleased it's become a Bronte top. Although having worn it a few times, I've realised it's clearly a polyester, it is not breathable :(

I made this with long sleeves and I'm a little sad that maybe as we move into spring I may not get so many opportunities to wear it. However, it's still not that warm so until we get actual warm weather, I'm going to go on wearing this top in fairly heavy rotation, in fact I actually had to pull it out of the wash basket to photograph it (don't worry it then promptly went in the washing machine).

Although this top is totally wearable and comfortable, I do notice quite a bit of fabric crinkling in the over-bust to underarm area.  Anyone have any tips about why this might be, and more importantly how I fix it?

No comments:

Post a Comment