Tuesday 2 June 2015

MMM days 30-31 and reflections

So May is a wrap! Taking part in Me-Made-May has been a really helpful process for me although I do now have a long to sew list, and I'm not going to lie, it will be a relief not t have to think about taking photos.

What I wore the last couple of days:
Day 30
My Anna dress which I wore to a friend's wedding. It was a really lovely day and we all had so much fun but man was it windy!

Day 31
My plantain t-shirt. I was way too hungover to even think about taking a photo!

My reflections on my wardrobe:
I wear separates a lot, it feels like they're more appropriate for work and then I get to keep my dresses for fun stuff. This may also be because I feel much happier with my dresses and how I can style them.  I need to plan my wardrobe better, I don't own any bottoms that I like and that are appropriate for this time of year. I also find the colours and lengths of my tops are not compatible with my bottoms. At the age of 28 (I'll be 29 on Saturday) I should finally be able to work out how separates go together and own coordinating outfits-maybe this should be one of the things to do before I'm 30!

I need better cardigans/jumpers that work with my outfits and are an appropriate length to go with my dresses/skirts. Clearly I need another navy cardigan, my one RTW one got a lot more wear than I realised this month, this is probably reflective of how much I wear it at other times.  I'm planning on taking part in the OAL hosted by Andi and Lauren (although I'm not following the official patterns) so hopefully this will kick start my cardigan knitting.  

I have a lack of me-made lounge wear. Although I think I might quite like to make some pyjamas I don't really feel the need to create other lounge wear.

Thanks so much to Zoe for creating and hosting the challenge.  I really appreciate the focus me-made-may gives me on my wardrobe and how it makes me think about how I can make my wardrobe work better together and for my life.  I'm looking forward to next year already.

No comments:

Post a Comment