Saturday 19 September 2015

Autumn/winter wardrobe planning

The nights are starting to draw in and it's hit that time of year when the weather really has no idea what it's doing and I have no idea what clothes to wear.  Therefore it must be time to start planning an autumn/winter wardrobe!  I had been mulling over my plans when Sarah of Rhinestones and Telephones launched the Fall essentials sew along.  I've fit my autumn plans into the fall essentials sew-along structure although I may be getting a little overambitious and some may need to extend to winter plans as I won't get them done before the end of the Fall sew along.

Fashionable foundations for frosty weather
Pleather circle skirt, I've actually made a start on this so pictures will be appearing soon.

I recently received the Tulip Co-ord patterns with an order from fabric for sale and it's making me really, really want a pair of culottes.  I even have a grey wool in my stash which would work, so watch this space.

Chic chemises for cool climates
My wardrobe is really in need of some more tops.  If anyone has any pattern recommendations, other than the Belcarra and Renfrew, please let me know as I really struggle to find good top patterns.

I've just purchased the Dolores top pattern and will definitely make one in this fabric.

I've wanted a pussy bow blouse for ages and even have the perfect pattern/fabric combo but the fabric is super slippery so I've been putting it off.  Maybe this will be the push that I need to get it done.

I'm pondering another Mathilde blouse but after version 1 and my latest refashion, I'm just not sure if I need another blouse with buttons down the back.  I might overcome this feeling or I could investigate some hacks.

I have been dreaming of the sew over it Anderson blouse and I think the odds of it finding it's way into my stash soon is quite high but as I'm not meant to be buying any patterns it should really wait a while.  However, Heather's gorgeous version has really not been helping with my restraint!  I must keep reminding myself that I clearly have enough to be getting on with for the time being.

Agf2_small2
I have had the Agatha cardigan in my ravelry library for a while now and it's definitely next in my knitting queue but I knit really slowly and still haven't finished a Miette I cast on in June!  However, I do have the wool for the Agatha in my stash so if I make a start on it soon, I may finish at some point before spring!

Fabulous frocks
As I mentioned in my lady skater hack post, I really fancy a lady skater/renfrew mash up!  I think it might be the best cold weather outfit ever.  However, I have been stashbusting hard and I now have no suitable fabrics for this in my stash so it would involve buying something appropriate. I'm quite excited by the arrival of Girl Charlee UK and Europe so I may have to investigate some of their knits.

I've got this 1971 dress pattern in my stash which I love but haven't made yet, I've got a glorious silk crepe which I fancy making it up in but it needs some fitting work before I cut into my lovely fabric.  It would be another item towards my vintage pattern pledge too.  

Lou lou dress.  I was lucky enough to be given a copy of this when Charlotte released it but haven't got round to making it yet.  However I have just bought a lovely navy, wool crepe which I think would make a lovely version.

There are some gorgeous autumn/winter patterns being released at the moment. Both the Deer and Doe arum dress and Sew over it Joan dress are really calling to me me but I'm going to make myself make some progress on the rest of this list before giving in to temptation. 

Baby its cold outside
I really want a big thick snuggly cowl to wrap up in, in my freezing cold lecture hall.  I actually made a start on this at the end of last winter but got bored of it once the weather warmed up.  I'm so excited by the idea of being able to cuddle up in it that I could almost wish the weather to get cold sooner.

I loved these refashioned mittens that I made a couple of years ago but I wore them to death and another pair would make me happy.

My big project for this autumn/winter is a coat.  I have picked out a pattern already and have the fabric but the pattern needs significant alteration so I'm putting it off.  This is going to be a major challenge to my sewing skills but I'm kinda looking forward to a slow and steady challenge, it'll be very very different to my regular sewing. 
The chances of me getting this done before the end of the sew-along are slim.  In fact my personal goal is Christmas but it's good to keep it on the radar so I continue to plod on with it. 

These are my priorities so I'm not going to make anything from the 'Underneath it all', 'Tender tootsies' or 'Those cosy nights' categories. This is quite a lot to be getting on with so it's time to get started I reckon!

No comments:

Post a Comment