Wednesday 7 October 2015

Making progress with my fall essentials

Hi all, I hope you're all having lovely weekends. I'm on holiday in Spain so things are pretty good in my world. 

On my fall essentials planning list I planned to make a Dolores batwing top by the lovely Zoe.  Never having made the top before I was so delighted when my first one was such a hit that I immediately made a second version. So today I have 2 tops to show you, be warned this post is full of lots of gushing!

The first one is a long sleeved Dolores tunic in the fabric I had planned.
I really love the shape of this top and it's flattering over all ones lumps and bumps. Although it's harder when wearing jeans as their hardware creates extra sticky-out bits.
I love this fabric, I slightly feel like a giant peacock when I wear it! 

The second is a mustard gold short sleeve tunic. I'm describing it as gold because for the last couple of years, since mustard became trendy I have been objecting to it and declaring how gross I found mustard.  However when I saw this viscose jersey in my local fabric shop I snapped it up immediately, so I'm declaring it gold so that I don't have to budge on my decidedly anti-mustard position. 
I've spotted a couple of posts recently, like this one by Megan Neilsen about how important it is to press knit fabrics, just like you would wovens. I'm really guilty of not pressing my knits but I really found that I needed to with this viscose jersey. 

This is a great patten and so easy to sew. It's the perfect instant gratification project, I'm sure I was able to get it from pdf to finished top in less than a couple of hours. 

I've been spending a lot of time in uni recently and these tops have been such a godsend to throw on with a pair of jeans or a skirt.  I wish I hadn't put off buying the pattern for so long now.  I was afraid that it wasn't going to be flattering for someone of my shape, however, I really love the shape of it on me so I'm sure more versions will turn up in my wardrobe at some point.

Right I'm off to catch the last of the Spanish sunshine before I have to head home.  I hope you all have lovely weekends and if you haven't voted yet in the sew independent challenges please, please go and do so here and here

2 comments:

  1. Love the yellow colour on you! (Leonie)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Recognise the other set of photos? xox

      Delete