Monday 5 December 2016

Time to curl up in the warm

Todays post is a bit of a funny one.  I have some lovely, snuggly new pyjamas to show you, however I also have a warning.  I'll kick off with the serious.  I was in a cycling accident a few days ago; a car hit my bike and sent me flying.  Now relatively speaking, I'm fine.  I have an impressive collection of swollen and bruised bits and some stitches to my face but I'll be better in a few days.  I was wearing a helmet so the damage to my head was minimised and my stitches are a result of my smashed glasses. However, the bike accident is too common an incident so my warning today is to both cyclists and drivers.  Cyclists, please do all you can to make yourself visible and WEAR A HELMET and drivers please be bike aware, we have just as much right to be on the road as you but are much more vulnerable.

Normally I'd make sure I was a bit more put together for these photos, even though they're photos of pyjamas but I decided to take these now, when I'm still a bit battered, just as a reminder to everyone to be careful.
Anyway in what might be the best timing ever, I finished a super snuggly pair of Sew Over It's Ultimate pyjamas a few days before my accident.  Just what was needed for several days lying around and recovering!
You're getting a very special preview of my Christmas pyjamas.  For the first year in a long time, I'm spending Christmas in Ireland again so snuggly pyjama bottoms with a Belfast t-shirt is very appropriate attire I think!

I bought the pattern as soon as it was released.  Sew Over It are killing it with their pattern releases, I never fail to want all of them and am finding my will power useless at resisting snapping them up instantly!  They sell it as a super easy and speedy sew and I can verify that this is so true.  In addition to this pair, I have also made a pair for my sister.

Now lets get real about this, pyjamas are never going to be the most flattering of garments.  Particularly as I fell between a small and medium and so I made up a medium and they are pretty roomy but they are so comfy.

I love the elastic waist with extra ribbon tie, usually patterns have one or the other.  I've been hunting for a good pyjama pattern, as the Carolyn pyjamas and a big 4 pattern I've tried just didn't quite hit the sweet spot.  However, this is it.  I used a brushed cotton that I've had in my stash for ages.  I bought it on Goldhawk road years ago, as part of some bargain bundle one of the shopkeepers convinced me into buying. This was it's perfect use, its so warm and cosy.

Anyway I'm off to have another nap in my new pyjamas.  Happy sewing people.

4 comments:

  1. Hope your injuries heal up quickly, Alexa! Those pjs are perfect for relaxing in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kerry. I'm on the mend but it was all a bit scary.

      Delete
  2. Hope you are ok, doesn’t sound like a very nice experience at all. Love the PJs though and they look worth a make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I could definitely recommend the pattern and they come together very quickly, I'm going to knock a few up as Christmas presents.

      Delete