Monday 2 January 2017

2016 Round up and 2017 Goals

Happy New Year!!!  Inevitably at this point in the year we all start reflecting on what we've done over the last year and making plans for the next.  Quite honestly 2016 has been a bit grim overall but there have been some good moments; I turned 30 this year and had the most fun celebrating in a variety of ways, including an amazing surprise trip to Amsterdam with my sister and a really great party with family and friends, I have also done a lot of travelling this year which has been awesome.

Travel, family and friends.  What could be better?

This year has been a bit manic, work and life wise but despite that I've made a number of things that I've been really pleased with.
I've loved the clothes that I've made from my vintage patterns this year, including my coat and 1960s knit dress, I'll definitely be signing up to the #vintagepatternpledge again this year.  Making trousers like these ultimate trousers makes me feel like a boss, having well fitting trousers is one of the awesome things about sewing my own clothes.  I profited from my birthday celebrations this year by making 2 dresses which can be seen here and here, gotta love a good dress! Being able to use some amazing fabrics have contributed to my love of certain items, like my Liberty top and my shirt dress, I'm embracing my love of super bright fabrics again!  This year I also managed to finish a quilt, which despite being a fairly easy quilt, felt wonderful to complete. I haven't done as many refashions this year as I have on previous years but I've loved doing them and this off the shoulder top was one of my favourite makes.

This year is going to be full of some fairly big events.  Hopefully I'm finally going to complete my doctorate, go travelling and start a new job, all of which may get in the way of my sewing time. However there are still some sewing goals that I'd like to achieve.
I'd love to make some more dresses this year, particularly ones I can wear in winter as most of the ones I have made this year are summer dresses.  I really want to make a pair of well fitting jeans, I'm going to start with the Mia jeans as I've already got the pattern and I know the ultimate trousers fir me well so hopefully the Mia jeans will be as good.  I really need some more tops and am still searching for the ultimate top pattern, particularly woven patterns so hopefully there will be a few more tops in the next few months.  I'd love to try and make another coat this year, maybe another vintage one or perhaps I'll try one of the new ones that have been released in the last couple of years.  A number of friends and family members are having babies this year and I'd love to make a baby quilt for at least one of them.  Finally, I'd really like to take on (and actually complete) a knitted jumper this year.

Right I'm off to stare at my stats now and pretend that actually I'm not dreaming of my upcoming sewing projects!  I hope 2017 is a very happy year for you and full of much sewing.



No comments:

Post a Comment