Tuesday 18 February 2014

Vintage sewing challenge

I'm going to collect my machine from the sewing machine hospital today. I'm ridiculously excited and have so many things to sew up that the poor machine will probably give up the ghost again just in protest.

Marie from a a stitching Odyssey is hosting a vintage sewing pattern challenge to use some of the vintage patterns in her stash. I've pledged to sew up 4 of mine in 2014. I have a lot of choice in my stash, and I'm really excited about this challenge.

Here are my current top contenders (yes I know I already have more than four here!)

This one almost feels like a cheat as all the pieces of the dress have been cut out since before Christmas and I know once my machine is back in action it will be one of the first things I sew up. 


 I was lucky enough to win this in Winnie, from a Scruffy Badger time,  Kick up the 80s giveaway.  I'm now committed to making this at some point this year and I'm very excited about bring this 80s pattern up to date.

 This outfit is so cute, definitely a winter must for me I think, although I'm praying spring is on its way soon so hopefully I won't need it until winter at the far end of the year.

This skirt was the first pattern I ever used and I wore the resulting maxi-skirt to death.  I currently have plans for a tartan maxi, so watch this space.

I love shirt dresses and feel the need for some of these in my life!

Now as I'm praying that spring/summer will eventually arrive so these next two might be on my summer make list:




I'm so excited to see what everyone else makes in this challenge.  I have a sneaking suspicion that it may lead to me haunting ebay and etsy searching for wonderful patterns from other decades as mine are mainly 70s and 80s patterns. 

2 comments:

  1. Oooh fabulous selection there, I can't wait to see what you choose! Also, please could you pop me an email so that I can contact you about the owls knitalong? I can't seem to find your contact details on your blog - apologies if I am being blind!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I've sent you an email so you'll have my address. I thought it was visible but I'm a bit technologically inept so I may have hidden it!

    ReplyDelete