Wednesday 19 March 2014

Introducing Rosie and a plantain

So official, I am the kiss of death to all forms of technology.  I have already documented that my sewing machine has been out of action for a while.  Well no sooner did I reclaim my sewing machine than promptly my internet died, swiftly followed by my camera!  So I now have quite a few posts backed up so you may be hearing from me a little more than usual!

I meant to post this ages ago but time has completely slipped away from me.  I am pleased to introduce you to Rosie my new dressmakers dummy.


My lovely mother gave her to me for Christmas and I'm so excited to have her in my life.  I forsee fitting becoming a lot easier (I just need to remember to try things on her a different stages).  It seems really unoriginal to call her Rosie as she is covered in roses so its not hard to see where the inspiration came from but I think it suits her.


This is my first (there will be others) plaintain t-shirt from pattern company deer and doe.  I started this when the pattern first came out and it started life as the long sleeved version with elbow patches.  However the elbow patches became victims of my broken sewing machine and the sleeves were totally mangled and salvageable so this became a short sleeve t-shirt.  I love it, I wear it all the time and it was so easy to knock up (if your sewing machine isn't broken) and extra bonus the pattern is free!!!  Definitely I will make more of these, everything worked so well and it has spurred me on to start the Aubepine dress which has been in my stash for a while now.

No comments:

Post a Comment