Thursday 24 September 2015

A leather circle shirt

Hi all and happy Friday. As I mentioned in my autumn/winter planning post, I really wanted a drapey leather skirt since I saw this one made by Carolyn but I knew I wanted a fuller circle skirt.  I was planning on drafting it myself and then I remembered that Megan Neilsen had released a free circle skirt pattern and my natural laziness won and I decided to use the Veronika pattern.
I used a pleather that I had in my stash.  It was left over from a coupon I had bought in Paris and used some of for this bag.
I can't really comment on the instructions as I didn't use them but the pattern came together really easily.  Of course the whole thing was made a touch easier as I didn't have to finish any seams and I didn't bother to hem it!  I used a leather needle in my machine and it sewed up really easily, I don't know if all pleather is this easy to sew but if it is, I need to think of some other pleather items for my wardrobe.  *Edit* having worn this a few times now, I think maybe having an all pleather wardrobe is a less good idea-you are essentially wearing plastic, which in a hot room equals gross sweatiness!  Maybe I should stick to the 'everything in moderation' mantra!
This is the first item made from my fall essentials list.  I'm quite excited about wearing this with tights and boots and that snuggly cowl I'm going to finish knitting soon...hmmm better get back to that.
Have a lovely weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. an entire wardrobe of pleather could get you a reputation too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes it could. Just as well my practical side kicked in!

      Delete